IX. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
849. Cessation of the transmission of in. formation under Article 73 e of the Charter in respect of Greenland
1. Takes note of the conclusions set forth by the Committee on Information from Non-Self-Governing Territories in its resolution;
2. Takes note of the opinion of the Government of Denmark that due to the new constitutional status of Greenland the Government of Denmark regards its "responsibilities according to Chapter XI of the Charter as terminated" and that consequently the transmission of information under Article 73 e of the Charter in respect of Greenland should be brought to an end;
3. Commends the action of the Member State concerned in including in its delegation to the General Assembly representatives elected by the National Council of Greenland for the purpose of furnishing information on constitutional changes in Greenland;
4. Takes note that when deciding on their new constitutional status, through their duly elected representatives, the people of Greenland have freely exercised their right to self-determination;
5. Expresses the opinion that, from the documentation and the explanations provided, Greenland freely decided on its integration within the Kingdom of Denmark on an equal constitutional and administrative basis with the other parts of Denmark;
6. Notes with satisfaction the achievement of self-government by the people of Greenland;
7. Considers that due to these circumstances the Declaration regarding Non-Self-Governing Territories with the provisions established under it in Chapter XI of the Charter can no longer be applied to Greenland;
8. Considers it appropriate that the transmission of information in respect of Greenland under Article 73 e of the Charter should now cease.499th plenary meeting,
22 November 1954.
 See documents A/AC.35/L.155 and Corr.1  See Official Records of the General Assembly, Ninth Session, Supplement No. 18, part one, section IX.  Ibid., para. 61.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.