Regional arrangements for the promotion and protection of human rights in the Asian region : resolution / adopted by the General Assembly
RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Regional arrangements for the promotion and protection of human rights in the Asian region
1. Takes note of the report of the Secretary-General on regional arrangements for the promotion and protection of human rights;
2. Takes note with appreciation of the comments received from Member States in the Asian and Pacific region on the report of the Seminar on National, Local and Regional Arrangements for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in the Asian Region;
3. Invites States members of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific that have not yet done so to communicate their comments on the report of the Seminar to the Secretary-General as early as possible so that further consultations may be held;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its forty-first session, through the Economic and Social Council, on the responses received;
5. Decides to consider this question further at its forty-first session.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.