RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Assistance to displaced persons in Ethiopia
1. Endorses once again the appeals of the Secretary-General, the General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council concerning assistance to displaced persons and voluntary returnees in Ethiopia;
2. Commends the efforts made by various organs of the United Nations and specialized agencies in mobilizing humanitarian assistance to the displaced persons and voluntary returnees in Ethiopia;
3. Appeals once again to the Governments of Member States and to intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and all voluntary agencies to contribute generously to assist the Government of Ethiopia in its efforts to provide relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons and voluntary returnees in Ethiopia;
4. Requests the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to intensify his efforts in mobilizing humanitarian assistance for the relief, rehabilitation and resettlement of numbers of voluntary returnees, as well as for displaced persons;
5. Requests the Secretary-General, in co-operation with the High Commissioner, to report to the Economic and Social Council at its second regular session of 1984 and to the General Assembly at its thirty-ninth session on the implementation of the present resolution.