1. Takes note with appreciation of the report of the Secretary-General on the implementation of the Programme of Action for the Second Half of the United Nations Decade for Women;
2. Welcomes the steps taken by Governments and by the organizations of the United Nations system, including the regional commissions, to achieve progress towards the effective realization of the objectives of the United Nations Decade for Women: Equality, Development and Peace;
3. Calls upon Governments, the organizations of the United Nations system, including the regional commissions, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations to pay increased attention to the need to take practical measures to implement the relevant recommendations of the Programme of Action for the Second Half of the United Nations Decade for Women and, in particular, to expand technical co-operation activities which would ensure women's full and equal participation, as agents and as beneficiaries, in all sectors and at all levels of development;
4. Emphasizes the continuing role of the Centre for Social Development and Humanitarian Affairs as the focal point for the organizations of the United Nations system with regard to activities undertaken in implementation of the Programme of Action;
5. Notes with satisfaction the contribution made by the Voluntary Fund for the United Nations Decade for Women to the implementation of the Programme of Action, mainly through innovative and experimental projects at the grass-roots level;
6. Notes with satisfaction the commencement of the work of the International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women and invites it to continue contributing to the objectives of the Decade;
7. Notes with satisfaction that, as at 1 November 1982, forty-five Members States had ratified or acceded to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women;
8. Invites all States that have not yet done so to become parties to the Convention;
9. Welcomes the commencement of the work of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, which held its first meeting at Vienna from 18 to 22 October 1982;
10. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its thirty-eighth session on the steps taken to implement the present resolution;
11. Also requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at the same session on the status of the Convention;
12. Decides to include in the provisional agenda of its thirty-eighth session the item entitled "United Nations Decade for Women: Equality, Development and Peace".
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.