1. Takes note with appreciation of the report of the Secretary-General on humanitarian assistance to refugees in Djibouti and that of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees;
2. Appreciates the efforts made by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to keep the situation of the refugees in Djibouti under constant review, and invites him to intensify his programme of humanitarian assistance to the refugees in the country;
3. Requests the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to continue to organize adequate programmes of assistance to the refugees in Djibouti and to maintain close contact with Member States, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and benevolent organizations concerned to mobilize the necessary assistance to the Government of Djibouti to enable it to cope effectively with the refugee situation aggravated by the debilitating effects of the drought;
4. Appreciates the assistance provided thus far by Member States and intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations to the relief and rehabilitation programmes for the refugees and displaced persons in Djibouti;
5. Calls upon all Member States, the organizations of the United Nations system, the specialized agencies and the intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations to continue to support the efforts make by the Government of Djibouti to cope with the ever-growing needs of the refugee population and other victims of the drought;
6. Requests the High Commissioner for Refugees, in co-operation with the Secretary-General, to send an interagency mission to Djibouti to evaluate the needs and the magnitude of the aid required to finance the relief and rehabilitation programmes for the refugees, and to report to the Economic and Social Council at its second regular session in 1983 and to the General Assembly at its thirty-eighth session on the progress achieved in the implementation of the present resolution.