1. Expresses its satisfaction to the Secretary-General on the steps he has taken to mobilize assistance for Chad;
2. Expresses its gratitude to all States, international organizations and other agencies that have provided assistance to Chad;
3. Renews its appeal to all States, the appropriate organs, organizations and programmes of the United Nations, regional and international organizations and other intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, and the international financial institutions to contribute to the rehabilitation and reconstruction of Chad through bilateral or multilateral channels, as appropriate;4 Notes with satisfaction that the International Conference on Assistance to Chad was held in Geneva on 29 and 30 November 1982 and invites the States and agencies which participated to honour as soon as possible the commitments they entered into at that Conference;
5. Notes that the Government of Chad has expressed its appreciation of the activities undertaken by the United Nations Disaster Relief Co-ordinator in Chad and requests the Co-ordinator to continue his emergency relief activities in Chad;
6. Requests the Secretary-General:
(a) To continue his efforts to mobilize the necessary resources for an effective programme of financial, technical and material assistance to Chad;
(b) To keep the situation in Chad under constant review and to report to the Economic and Social Council at its second regular session of 1983 on the status of the assistance provided for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of Chad;
(c) To arrange for a review of the economic situation of Chad and the progress made in organizing and executing the special programme of economic assistance for that country in time for the matter to be considered by the General Assembly at its thirty-eighth session.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.