Measures to improve the situation and ensure the human rights and dignity of all migrant workers.
1. Takes note of the report of the open-ended Working Group and expresses its satisfaction with the substantial progress that the Working Group has so far made in the accomplishment of its mandate;
2. Decides that, in order to enable the Working Group to complete its task as soon as possible, the Working Group shall hold again an intersessional meeting of two weeks duration in New York, in May 1982, immediately after the first regular session of the Economic and Social Council;
3. Invites the Secretary-General to transmit to Governments the report of the Working Group so as to allow the members of the Working Group to continue its task during the intersessional meeting to be held in May 1982, as well as to transmit the results obtained in this meeting in order that the General Assembly may consider them during its thirty-seventh session;
4. Invites also the Secretary-General to transmit the above-mentioned documents to the competent organs of the United Nations system and to international organizations concerned for their information, so as to enable them to continue their co-operation with the Working Group;
5. Decides that the Working Group shall meet during the thirty-seventh session of the General Assembly to continue and, if possible, to complete the elaboration of an international convention on the protection of the rights of all migrant workers and their families.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.