34. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FIFTH COMMITTEE
50. Pattern of conferences
1. Welcomes the action taken by the Economic and Social Council on the pattern of conferences in its decision 1979/81 of 3 August 1979, and on the control and limitation of documentation in its resolutions 1979/1 of 9 February 1979, 1979/41 of 10 May 1979 and 1979/69 of 2 August 1979;
2. Approves the recommendation of the Committee for Programme and Co-ordination contained in paragraph 303 of its report to the effect that, inter alia, the above-mentioned resolutions of the Economic and Social Council on control and limitation of documentation should be applied to the General Assembly and its subsidiary organs and that the Secretary-General should be requested to implement them fully;
3. Requests the Committee on Conferences to examine ways to enable it to play a more effective role in the scheduling of conferences and meetings and in the management of conference resources, and to report thereon to the General Assembly at its thirty-fifth session;
4. Also requests the Committee on Conferences to review the extent to which resolutions and recommendations adopted by the General Assembly on the pattern of conferences have been implemented, including an examination of the planned and actual duration of sessions of the subsidiary organs of the Assembly, and to report its findings to the Assembly at its thirty-fifth session;
5. Further requests the Committee on Conferences to monitor the implementation of all measures adopted by the General Assembly to control and limit documentation, including those on the provision of meeting records and the application of measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the conference activities of the Organization, and to report thereon to the Assembly at its thirty-fifth session;
6. Invites the Committee on Conferences, when making any adjustment in the calendar of conferences for 1980-1981 resulting from decisions of the General Assembly, to take full account of all conference facilities available at established United Nations headquarters;
7. Requests the Committee on Conferences to review the organizational and servicing arrangements of past special conferences and their preparatory meetings with a view to identifying the most effective framework for the organization of such conferences in the future.76th plenary meeting
23 November 1979
 See Official Records of the General Assembly, Thirty-fourth Session, Supplement No. 32 (A/34/32 and Corr.1), para. 53 (b).  Ibid., Supplement No. 38 (A/34/38).
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.