33. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE THIRD COMMITTEE*
177. Draft Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women
1. Takes note with appreciation of the report of the Working Group of the Whole on the Drafting of the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women established by the Third Committee;
2. Recommends that a working group be established at the beginning of the thirty-fourth session of the General Assembly and be provided with adequate facilities to enable it to complete its task, to consider the final provisions of the draft Convention and to reconsider the articles which have not yet been completed with a view to the adoption of the draft Convention at the thirty-fourth session;
3. Decides to include in the provisional agenda of its thirty-fourth session, as a matter of high priority, the item entitled "Draft Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women".90th plenary meeting
20 December 1978
 A/C.3/33/L.47 and Corr.1 and 2, Add.1 and Corr.1 and Add.2 and Corr.1 (subsequently issued as A/34/60).
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.