XXX. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE SIXTH COMMITTEE
3499. Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization
1. Decides that the Ad Hoc Committee established pursuant to General Assembly resolution 3349 (XXIX) of 17 December 1974 should be reconvened as the Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization and continue its work in pursuance of the following tasks with which it is entrusted:
(a) To examine in detail the observations received from Governments concerning:
(i) Suggestions and proposals regarding the Charter of the United Nations;
(ii) The strengthening of the role of the United Nations with regard to the maintenance and consolidation of international peace and security, the development of co-operation among all nations and the promotion of the rules of international law in relations between States;
(b) To consider any additional specific proposals that Governments may make with a view to enhancing the ability of the United Nations to achieve its purposes;
(c) To list the proposals which have been made in the Committee and to identify those which have awakened special interest;
2. Requests the Committee to examine the proposals which have been made or will be made with a view to according priority to the consideration of those areas on which general agreement is possible;
3. Decides to enlarge the Ad Hoc Committee by the addition of the following five Member States: Barbados, Belgium, Egypt, Iraq and Romania;
4. Invites Governments to continue the submission of, or to bring up to date, their observations and proposals in accordance with paragraph 1 above;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to prepare for the use of the Committee a study, to complement those submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolutions 3073 (XXVIII) of 30 November 1973 and 3349 (XXIX) of 17 December 1974, which should present analytically the views expressed by Governments with respect to the various aspects of the functioning of the United Nations, including those relating specifically to the Charter, and also to render all necessary assistance to the Committee, including the preparation of summary records of its meetings;
6. Requests the Committee to submit a report on its work to the General Assembly at its thirty-first session;
7. Decides to include in the provisional agenda of its thirty-first session an item entitled "Report of the Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization".2440th plenary meeting
15 December 1975 As a result of the appointments set forth in paragraph 3 of the above resolution, the Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization is composed of the following Member States: ALGERIA, ARGENTINA, BARBADOS, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CONGO, CYPRUS, CZECHOSLOVAKIA, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC, GERMANY (FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF), GHANA, GREECE, GUYANA, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, ITALY, JAPAN, KENYA, LIBERIA, MEXICO, NEPAL, NIGERIA, NEW ZEALAND, PAKISTAN, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, ROMANIA, RWANDA, SIERRA LEONE, SPAIN, TUNISIA, TURKEY, UNION OF SOVIET SOCIALIST REPUBLICS, UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, VENEZUELA, YUGOSLAVIA and ZAMBIA.
 Official Records of the General Assembly, Thirtieth Session, Supplement No. 33 (A/10033).
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.