XXIV. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
2517. Question of Namibia
1. Reaffirms the inalienable right of the people of Namibia to self-determination and independence, in conformity with General Assembly resolution 1514 (XV), and the legitimacy of their struggle against the foreign occupation of their territory;
2. Expresses solidarity with the people of Namibia in their legitimate struggle against foreign occupation and requests all States to provide increased moral and material assistance to them;
3. Condemns the Government of South Africa for its persistent refusal to withdraw its administration from the Territory and for its policies and actions designed to destroy the national unity and territorial integrity of Namibia, thus persistently violating the principles and obligations of the Charter of the United Nations;
4. Draws the attention of the Security Council to the need for taking appropriate measures in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Charter to solve the grave situation that has arisen as a result of South Africa's refusal to withdraw its administration from Namibia;
5. Commends the report of the United Nations Council for Namibia to all States and to the subsidiary organs of the General Assembly and other competent organs of the United Nations, as well as to the specialized agencies and other international organizations concerned, for appropriate action, acting in conformity with the relevant resolutions of the General Assembly and the Security Council;
6. Requests the United Nations Council for Namibia to continue to discharge, by every available means, the functions entrusted to it in the relevant resolutions of the General Assembly;
7. Requests the Secretary-General to continue to provide the necessary assistance and facilities to the United Nations Council for Namibia to discharge its duties and functions;
8. Calls upon all States to co-operate with the United Nations Council for Namibia in carrying out the tasks entrusted to it.1819th plenary meeting,
1 December 1969.
 Official Records of the General Assembly, Twenty-fourth Session, Supplement No. 24 (A/7624/Rev.1).
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.