XXIII. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE THIRD COMMITTEE
2442. International Conference on Human Rights
1. Expresses its gratitude to the Government and people of Iran for acting as hosts to the International Conference on Human Rights, for the excellent arrangements and for the hospitality extended to all participants;
2. Also expresses its appreciation to the Secretary-General, the Executive Secretary of the Conference and the members of the Secretariat for effectively preparing and servicing the Conference;
3. Expresses its satisfaction with the work of the Conference, which constitutes a solid foundation for further action and initiatives by the United Nations and other interested international bodies, as well as by the States and national organizations concerned;
4. Confirms the views of the Conference on the urgency of eliminating denials and violations of human rights;
5. Endorses the Proclamation of Teheran as an important and timely reaffirmation of the principles embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in other international instruments in the field of human rights;
6. Calls upon all States and organizations concerned to take further action with a view to the full realization of human rights in the light of the recommendations of the Conference;
7. Urges all States and organizations concerned to encourage and assist all media of mass communication in giving widespread publicity to the Proclamation of Teheran and the work of the Conference, as appropriate, and in lending support to the achievements, activities and concerns of the United Nations in the field of human rights;
8. Invites the Secretary-General to transmit to the competent organs of the United Nations and the specialized agencies those resolutions or parts of resolutions of the Conference which interest them;
9. Invites the Secretary-General and the United Nations organs and specialized agencies concerned to take action, as appropriate, on the resolutions and recommendations of the Conference;
10. Further invites the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its twenty-fourth session on the measures taken and the progress achieved in the implementation of the recommendations of the Conference by Member States, the United Nations organs, specialized agencies and other intergovernmental organizations concerned;
11. Decides to keep under review to the extent possible the resolutions of the Conference in connexion with related agenda items.1748th plenary meeting,
19 December 1968.
 United Nations publication, Sales No.: E.68.XIV.2.  Ibid., p. 3.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.