XXII. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
2356. Question of French Somaliland
1. Reaffirms the inalienable right of the people of French Somaliland (Djibouti) to self-determination and independence in accordance with General Assembly resolution 1514 (XV);
2. Regrets that the administering Power has not cooperated with the United Nations in the application of resolution 1514 (XV) and did not implement General Assembly resolution 2228 (XXI);
3. Calls upon the administering Power to create the political conditions necessary for accelerating the implementation of the right of the people to self-determination and independence, including the full exercise of political freedoms, and to allow the return of all refugees to the Territory;
4. Urges the administering Power to co-operate fully with the Special Committee on the Situation with regard to the Implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples and with the United Nations in accelerating the process of decolonization in the Territory and to grant independence to the inhabitants at an early date;
5. Requests the Special Committee to continue its, consideration of the situation in French Somaliland (Djibouti) and to report thereon to the General Assembly at its twenty-third session;
6. Decides to keep the question of French Somaliland (Djibouti) on its agenda.1641st plenary meeting,
19 December 1967.
 Ibid., chapter XII.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.