XIII. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE SIXTH COMMITTEE
1307. Convening of a second United Nations conference on the law of the sea
1. Decides that a second international conference of plenipotentiaries on the law of the sea should be called for the purpose of considering further the questions of the breadth of the territorial sea and fishery limits;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to convoke the conference at the earliest convenient date in March or April 1960 at the European Office of the United Nations in Geneva;
3. Invites all States Members of the United Nations and States members of the specialized agencies to participate in the conference and to include among their representatives experts competent in the matters to be considered;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to invite the specialized agencies and inter-governmental bodies concerned with the matters to be considered to send observers to the conference;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to arrange for the necessary staff and facilities which would be required for the conference, and to present to the conference recommendations concerning its methods of work and procedures, and other questions of an administrative nature;
6. Refers to the conference for its information the relevant records of the United Nations Conference on the Law of the Sea held in 1958.783rd plenary meeting,
10 December 1958.
 Ibid., resolution VIII.  Official Records of the General Assembly, Eleventh Session, Supplement No. 9 (A/3159 ), para. 33.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.