X. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FIRST COMMITTEE
916. Report of the Director of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
1. Directs the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East to pursue its programmes for the relief and rehabilitation of refugees, bearing in mind the limitations imposed upon it by the extent of the contributions for the fiscal year;
2. Requests the Agency to continue its consultation with the United Nations Conciliation Commission for Palestine in the best interest of their respective tasks, with particular reference to paragraph 11 of resolution 194 (III) ;
3. Requests the Government of the area, withoutprejudice to paragraph 11 of resolution 194 (III), to make a determined effort, in co-operation with the Director of the Agency, to seek and carry out projects capable of supporting substantial numbers of refugees;
4. Notes with gratification that the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of the Jordan and the Agency have made substantial progress toward resolving the difficulties which impede the granting of rations to all qualified refugee children in Jordan;
5. Notes the serious need of the other claimants for relief as described in the special report prepared by the Director pursuant to paragraph 6 of resolution 818 (IX), namely, the frontier villagers in Jordan, the non-refugee population of the Gaza strip, a number of the refugees in Egypt, and certain of the Bedouin;
6. Appeals to private organizations to give them increased assistance to the extent that local Governments cannot do so;
7. Urges all Governments and individuals to support these private organizations with food, goods and services;
8. Requests the Negotiating Committee for Extra-Budgetary Funds, after the receipt of the budgets from the Director of the Agency, to seek such funds as may be required by the Agency;
9. Appeals to the Governments of Member and nonmember States to make voluntary contributions to the extent necessary to carry through to fulfilment the ,Agency's programmes, and thanks the numerous religious, charitable and humanitarian organizations for their valuable and continuing work in assisting the refugees;
10. Expresses its thanks to the Director and the staff of the Agency for their continued faithful efforts to carry out their mandate, and requests the Governments of the area to continue to facilitate the work of the Agency and to ensure the protection of its personnel and property;
11. Requests the Director of the Agency to continue to submit the reports referred to in paragraph 21 of resolution 302 (IV) as well as the annual budgets.550th plenary meeting,
3 December 1995.
 Official Records of the General Assembly, Tenth Session, Supplement No. 15 (A/2978).  Ibid., Supplement No. 15 A (A/2978/Add.1).  Ibid., Tenth Session, Annexes, agenda item 22, document A/3017.
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.