IX. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
851. Report of the Committee on South West Africa
1. Expresses its appreciation of the work of the Committee;
2. Notes the report and observations regarding conditions in the Territory of South West Africa, contained in annex V of the report of the Committee;
3. Notes with concern that, in the opinion of the Committee, the administration of South West Africa is in several aspects not in conformity with the obligations of the Government of the Union of South Africa under the Mandate;
4. Notes with satisfaction that the representative of the Union of South Africa participated in the substantive discussion in the Fourth Committee of the report on conditions in the Territory of South West Africa;
5. Invites therefore the Government of the Union of South Africa to co-operate with the Committee on South West Africa and, in particular, to submit to the Committee reports on its administration of the Territory of South West Africa and to assist the Committee on South West Africa in the examination of such reports or such information and documentation as may be available to that Committee;
6. Requests the Committee on South West Africa to analyse and summarize the substantive discussion of the South West African question in the Fourth Committee of the General Assembly and to transmit this analysis and summary to the Government of the Union of South Africa for its information;
7. Requests further the Committee on South West Africa to examine the extent to which and the manner in which the specialized agencies and extra-budgetary organs of the United Nations might contribute to the social, economic and educational advancement of the inhabitants of the Territory.501st plenary meeting,
23 November 1954. At its 512th plenary meeting on 14 December 1954, the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Fourth Committee to the President, approved the nomination of THAILAND and the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to fill the vacancies occurring in the Committee on South West Africa.
 See Official Records of the General Assembly, Ninth Session, Supplement No. 14, and documents A/2666/Corr.1 and A/ 2666/Add.1.