IV. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
330. Eradication of illiteracy in Non-Self-Governing Territories
1. Invites the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization to communicate to the Administering Members full information on measures for suppressing illiteracy which could be applied with satisfactory results in Non-Self-Governing Territories, and to communicate annually to the United Nations an account of these measures and of the extent to which its services in campaigns against illiteracy have been provided for any of the Non-Self-Governing Territories at the request of the Members concerned;
2. Recommends that the Administering Members continue to co-operate with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, when and where appropriate, with a view to the practical achievement of the eradication of illiteracy in the Non-Self-Governing Territories;
3. Invites the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization to take account in its studies of the experience of various States in this matter;
4. Invites the Secretary-General to collaborate with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in any necessary studies, taking as a basis the information transmitted under Article 73 e, together with any relevant supplemental information and any relevant studies undertaken by the Trusteeship Council with regard to Trust Territories.263rd plenary meeting,
2 December 1949.