Question of a draft Declaration on the Right and Responsibility of Individuals, Groups and Organs of Society to Promote and Protect Universally Recognized Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
Question of a draft declaration on the right and responsibility of individuals, groups and organs of society to promote and protect universally recognized human rights and fundamental freedoms
1. Takes note of the report of the working group (E/CN.4/1992/53 and Corr.1), and welcomes the submission of the first reading text;
2. Expresses the wish that the working group complete its task and submit the draft declaration to the Commission at its forty-ninth session,
3. Decides to continue at its forty-ninth session its work on the elaboration of the draft declaration;
4. Also decides to make available appropriate meeting time for the working group prior to and during the forty-ninth session of the Commission;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to circulate the report, including the first reading text, to the Governments of all States Members of the United Nations and members of competent specialized agencies, and to interested intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, with an invitation to submit written comments on the first reading text (E/CN.4/1992/53 and Corr.1, annex I) for consideration by the working group at its next session;
6. Also requests the Secretary-General to undertake a technical review of the text in accordance with the guidelines in the report of the working group (E/CN.4/1992/53 and Corr.1, annex III) and to distribute the results to all. States Members of the United Nations and members of competent specialized agencies, to persons chairing the human rights treaty bodies and to interested intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;7. Recommends the following draft resolution to the Economic and Social Council for adoption:
[For the text, see chap. I, sect. A, draft resolution VII.]56th meeting
6 March 1992
[Adopted without a vote. See chap. XXI.)
This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.