Afghanistan: Suicide attack kills three in Kabul

Publisher Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Publication Date 10 May 2015
Cite as Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Afghanistan: Suicide attack kills three in Kabul, 10 May 2015, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/5565ba941b.html [accessed 17 September 2023]
DisclaimerThis is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.

May 10, 2015

Afghan police say a suicide attack on a government bus in Kabul has killed three people and wounded at least 16 others, the second attack on employees of the Attorney General's Office in a week.

The May 10 attack happened during the peak afternoon hour, when the shuttle bus was taking workers home.

Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said the attack was carried out by "a suicide bomber on foot."

The incident comes a week after a similar attack on a bus from the same office in which one person was confirmed dead.

Earlier on May 10, four intelligence agency employees were wounded in an attack at the agency's office in the southern city of Kandahar.

Hasib Sediqi, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, said a suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden vehicle near the agency's building.

He said guards at the compound's gate shot and killed two other insurgents involved in the attack.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for all three attacks.

Based on reporting by AP, AFP, and Reuters

Link to original story on RFE/RL website

Copyright notice: Copyright (c) 2007-2009. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Washington DC 20036

Search Refworld

Countries

Topics