NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan

Publisher Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Publication Date 23 December 2013
Cite as Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan, 23 December 2013, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/52e65a3421.html [accessed 17 September 2023]
DisclaimerThis is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.

December 23, 2013

NATO says two of its service members have been killed in separate attacks in Afghanistan.

In a statement, the coalition said one soldier died on December 23 after coming under direct fire by enemy forces in eastern Afghanistan.

Another soldier was killed in an attack in the country's south.

NATO did not provide any further details, including the nationality of the soldiers.

The incidents bring to nine the number of coalition deaths so far this month.

Last week, six American soldiers died when their helicopter went down during a mission in the southern province of Zabul.

Based on reporting by AP and Tolo News

Link to original story on RFE/RL website

Copyright notice: Copyright (c) 2007-2009. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Washington DC 20036

Search Refworld

Countries