Pakistan: Dozens killed in Kandahar bus crash
| Publisher | Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty |
| Publication Date | 26 April 2013 |
| Cite as | Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Pakistan: Dozens killed in Kandahar bus crash, 26 April 2013, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/519a6ba032.html [accessed 17 September 2023] |
| Disclaimer | This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States. |
Last updated (GMT/UTC): 26.04.2013 12:30
By RFE/RL's Radio Free Afghanistan
Men who were injured in a bus accident receive medical treatment at a hospital in Kandahar on April 26.
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan – Afghan officials say 45 people have been killed in a road incident near the southern city of Kandahar.
A spokesman for the governor of Kandahar Province said women and children were among the dead and at least 10 others were injured in the April 26 crash.
The spokesman, Javid Faisal, said a loaded bus collided with a fuel tanker.
The cause of the incident is being investigated, but a spokesman for the governor of neighboring Helmand Province said the truck had been attacked by Taliban militants and left burning in the middle of the road when the bus collided with it.
The Kandahar governor's spokesman denied that report.
The passengers on the bus were reportedly mostly laborers seeking work in the region's poppy fields.
With reporting by dpa
Link to original story on RFE/RL website