Serbian couple killed in Kosovo
| Publisher | Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty |
| Publication Date | 7 July 2012 |
| Cite as | Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Serbian couple killed in Kosovo, 7 July 2012, available at: https://www.refworld.org/docid/5000252ec.html [accessed 17 September 2023] |
| Disclaimer | This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States. |
July 07, 2012
A Serbian couple has been found shot dead in their home south of the Kosovo capital, Pristina.
They were found by a neighbor in the village in southeastern Kosovo where they had returned in 2004, five years after the 1999 war.
"Each of them had been shot with one bullet," police spokesman Agim Gashi told AFP by telephone, adding that the motive was unknown.
Police identified the husband and wife as aged 52 and 50.
Gashi said police were carrying out "an extensive investigation" into the killings.
The Serbian government condemned the attack, calling it an attempt to compel the few remaining Serbs to leave Kosovo.
Based on reporting by AFP and dpa
Link to original story on RFE/RL website
Copyright notice: Copyright (c) 2007-2009. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Washington DC 20036