Italy: Decree No. 244 of 1990, Regulations concerning the Payment of Grants to the Regions for the Purpose of Establishing Initial Reception and Service Centres for Immigrants
|Publisher||National Legislative Bodies / National Authorities|
|Publication Date||26 July 1990|
|Cite as||National Legislative Bodies / National Authorities, Italy: Decree No. 244 of 1990, Regulations concerning the Payment of Grants to the Regions for the Purpose of Establishing Initial Reception and Service Centres for Immigrants, 26 July 1990, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b4e320.html [accessed 17 October 2017]|
|Comments||This is an unofficial translation.|
|Disclaimer||This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.|
Article 11.The expression "initial reception centres" shall mean structures which provide for the immediate requirements of the persons referred to in article 2 for board and lodging for the time strictly necessary for finding accommodation of their own and in any case not for longer than 60 days.
2. The expression "service centres" shall mean structures providing information and assistance in order to facilitate the exercise of the rights and prompt performance of the duties prescribed by the normative instrument governing the subject of this Decree.
3. In order to avoid the establishment of a multiplicity of structures, initial reception and service centres shall for preference be organized through appropriate agreements with bodies regularly constituted in accordance with the existing normative instrument and already in operation. The centres may avail themselves of the collaboration of immigrants' associations.
4. The Legislative Decree of 30 December 1989, No. 416, as converted in amended form by the Act of 28 February 1990, No. 39, shall hereinafter be briefly referred to as the "Act".
Article 21.Within the limits of the authorization of expenditure provided by article 11, paragraph 4, of the Act, the amount of the grant to be awarded to each region to finance programmes for the establishment of initial reception and service centres for immigrant aliens, exiles and members of their families shall be determined for each year of the triennium 1990-1992 by decree of the President of the Council of Ministers in agreement with the Minister of the Treasury and the Minister of Regional Affairs and Institutional Problems after consulting the Minister of Social Affairs.The said award shall be adjusted in proportion to the number of immigrant aliens, exiles and members of their families resident in the region on 1 January of the year concerned, in conformity with the regulations governing residence in the national territory, according to the data supplied by the Ministry of the Interior.
2. For the year 1990 the amount of the grant shall be determined in proportion to the number of immigrant aliens, exiles and members of their families who have regularized their position by 30 April 1990. In determining the grants due for the year 1991, any necessary adjustments shall be made on the basis of the final data of the census and on the regularization of extra-Community aliens up to 30 June 1990.
Article 31.The regions shall submit their respective programmes to the office of the President of the Council of ministers within 60 days after the publication in the Gazzetta Ufficiale of the decree referred to in article 2. Within the succeeding 30 days, after examination of the programme by the Committee referred to in article 4, payment of the grant shall be effected in accordance with article 11, paragraph 3, of the Act.
2. The programmes shall indicate inter alia the location of the centres, the nature of the services and the time and financial resources needed for their establishment.For the purpose of application of article 1, paragraph 3, information shall also be given concerning structures of any description and ownership whatsoever which are already in existence and in operation in the territory and which are in any way suitable for achieving the aims of this Decree.
3. If the cancellation of the grant is ordered pursuant to article 11, paragraph 5, of the Act, the regions concerned shall be bound to pay any sums already drawn into the revenue side of the State budget, part X, chapter 2368, Casual and Miscellaneous Income, within five days after the date of notification of the decision to cancel.