UNHCR is not responsible for the content and availability of non-UNHCR websites. Content displays in a new window.
See also: Lai Cheong Sing and Others v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration,  FCA 125 (11 April 2005). Application for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada dismissed on 9 May 2005.
3 February 2004
| Judicial Body: Canada: Federal Court
| Document type: Case Law
Burden of proof
- Credibility assessment
- Death squads
- Evidence (including age and language assessments / medico-legal reports)
- Exclusion clauses
- Freedom from torture, inhuman and degrading treatment
- Grounds for persecution
- Persecution based on political opinion
- Prosecution vs persecution
- Serious non-political crime
- Social group persecution