Fifth Czech soldier dies after blast in Afghanistan
|Publisher||Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty|
|Publication Date||14 July 2014|
|Cite as||Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Fifth Czech soldier dies after blast in Afghanistan, 14 July 2014, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/53ce30f614.html [accessed 12 December 2017]|
|Disclaimer||This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.|
July 14, 2014
The Czech Defense Ministry says a soldier who was seriously injured in a blast that killed four other Czech servicemen in Afghanistan last week has died.
The soldiers were among the 16 people killed on July 8 after a suicide bomber struck Afghan and foreign forces in the eastern province of Parwan.
In a brief statement, the ministry said the fifth soldier died on July 14 in Prague's military hospital, a day after he was transported home from Afghanistan.
It is the largest number of Czechs killed in a single attack in Afghanistan.
The Czech government has pledged to keep troops in Afghanistan.
Based on reporting by AP and ceskenoviny.cz