UNHCR is not responsible for the content and availability of non-UNHCR websites. Content displays in a new window.
The case summary in English has been prepared in the framework of the Knowledge-Based Harmonisation of European Asylum Practices Project (2010-2012), co-financed by the European Refugee Fund.
20 May 2008
| Judicial Body: United Kingdom: Court of Appeal (England and Wales)
Armed forces / Military
- Crimes against humanity
- International humanitarian law (IHL) / Geneva Conventions
- International protection
- Landmines, unexploded ordnance (UXO) and improvised explosive devices (IEDs)
- Military service / Conscientious objection / Desertion / Draft evasion / Forced conscription
- Persecution based on political opinion
- Treaties / Agreements / Charters / Protocols / Conventions / Declarations
- War crimes
Iran, Islamic Republic of
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland