UNHCR is not responsible for the content and availability of non-UNHCR websites. Content displays in a new window.
Heard at Field House on 21-23 January 2008. The decisions in WC (No Risk of Double Punishment) China v. Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKIAT 00253 and SC (Double Jeopardy - WC Considered) China v. Secretary of State for the Home Department CG  UKAIT 00007 are no longer factually accurate, and SC should no longer be treated as country guidance. The Court of Appeal (England and Wales) dismissed a subsequent appeal:  EWCA Civ 81. Guidance subsequently confirmed by the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) in YF (double jeopardy - JC confirmed) China CG  UKUT 32 (IAC).
14 May 2008
| Judicial Body: United Kingdom: Asylum and Immigration Tribunal / Immigration Appellate Authority
Burden of proof
- Country of origin information (COI)
- Credibility assessment
- Criminal justice
- Deportation / Forcible return
- Freedom from torture, inhuman and degrading treatment
- Persecution based on political opinion
- Prison or detention conditions
- Prosecution vs persecution
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland