Resolution No. 391 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on the Approval of the Provisions for the Refugee Centre
|Publisher||National Legislative Bodies|
|Author||Republic of Lithuania|
|Publication Date||27 March 1996|
|Cite as||Resolution No. 391 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on the Approval of the Provisions for the Refugee Centre [Lithuania], 27 March 1996, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b4d51c.html [accessed 19 May 2013]|
|Comments||This is an official translation.|
On the Approval of the Provisions for the Refugee Centre
Pursuant to Resolution No.I-1005 "On the Implementation of "Law on Refugee Status in the Republic of Lithuania" of the Republic of Lithuania "of 4 July 1995 adopted by the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, the Government of the Republic of Lithuania r e s o l v e s:
1. To approve the Provisions for the Refugee Centre (attached).
2. To approve decision No.54 of 4 October 1995 adopted by the Jonava municipal board "On the Approval of Conditions for the Establishment of Refugee Centre in Rukla Settlement".
3. To authorise the Ministry of the Interior to establish the Rukla police division under the Jonava region Rukla police commissariat by utilising the approved state budget allocations for the ministry concerned.
4. To allocate 535 thou. Lt. to the Jonava region municipality from the reserve fund of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania with a view of covering the expenditures incurred for the establishment of the Refugee centre in Rukla settlement.
The Ministry of Finance shall allocate the said funds to the Jonava region municipality during the second half of 1996.
Prime Minister Mindaugas Stankevièius Minister of Social Security Mindaugas Mikaila and Labour APPROVED
by Resolution No.391
of 27 March 1996
of the Government of
the Republic of Lithuania
Provisions for the Refugee Centre
1. The refugee centre (hereinafter referred to as centre) is a social institution established to settle foreigners who have received the document of the Ministry of the Interior providing with temporary territorial asylum (hereinafter referred to as foreigners).
2. The centre shall be founded, reorganised or liquidated by the Ministry of Social Security and Labour or, upon the approval of the Government of the Lithuania, by the Red Cross Society of Lithuania.
3. The centre is a legal entity which has a seal bearing its title and the clearing account in the bank.
4. Funds shall be allotted from the State Budget of the Republic of Lithuania to maintain the centre. The centre shall also have the right to benefit from the support of other countries, international organisations or foreign private persons.
5. The activities of the centre shall be performed in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law "On Refugee Status in the Republic of Lithuania" of the Republic of Lithuania , other laws, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, decrees of the Prime Minister, these provisions and other normative acts.
The Centre's Goals and Functions
6. The main goals of the centre are:
6.1. to receive and provide temporary settlement for the foreigners who have received temporary territorial settlement and are holders of the document certifying it;
6.2. to maintain foreigners while their requests for refugee status in the Republic of Lithuania is examined, and if he obtained this status - until they are sent to a permanent place of residence.
7. The centre by performing its services:
7.1. shall register and keep records of foreigners living in the centre;
7.2. shall cover travel expenses from the place, where he had submitted a request for refugee status, to the centre;
7.3. shall allot funds (if necessary) for transport expenses related to travels for processing of documents concerning the request for refugee status;
7.4. shall perform material and public services of foreigners living in the centre and provide them with accommodation and relevant appliances according to the established standards;
7.5. shall put foreigners into clinic centres in co-operation with medical centres and dispensaries, offer them medical consultations, and if necessary hospitalize them;
7.6. shall provide sanitary, hygienic and preventive measures and strict adherence to fire-prevention rules;
7.7. shall manage public catering for foreigners according to the established standards and supply them with clothes and footwear;
7.8. shall pay a monthly allowance for minor expenses to foreigners according to the established standards;
7.9. shall provide medical or psychological services;
7.10 shall provide the services of an interpreter;
7.11. shall offer services to legal consultation on the issue of providing refugee status in Lithuania;
7.12 shall establish (if necessary) special groups for the care of pre-school-age children;
7.13. shall organise Lithuanian language teaching courses;
7.14 shall manage supervision of foreigners with restricted freedom of movement.
8. The standards of public catering, medicaments, clothes, appliances and other services offered to the foreigners living in the centre shall be established by the Ministry of Social Security and Labour in co-operation with the Ministry of Health Care.
9. The centre may perform the functions defined under subheadings 7.5 and 7.6 in cooperation with the health care division of the municipality.
10. The centre may perform the functions defined under subheadings 7.12 and 7.13 in cooperation with the education division of the municipality.
11. The centre shall use the support of other countries, international organisations and foreign private persons for the maintenance of refugees.
Procedure and Conditions of Accommodation in the Centre
12. Foreigners shall be accommodated in the centre:
12.1. while their requests for refugee status in the Republic of Lithuania are being examined;
12.2. until they are sent to their permanent residence place (in case of provision of refugee status);
12.3. until they obtain a permit to enter (decision on their deportation) another country (in case of denial of refugee status).
13. Upon arrival to the centre foreigners shall be familiarized with the regulations of the centre's interior order and they shall fill in the questionnaire of the centre's resident. The founder shall establish the regulations of the centre's interior order and the form of the questionnaire. If the founder is the Red Cross Society of Lithuania, the regulations of the centre's interior order shall be coordinated with the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
14. Foreigners, living in the centre, shall:
14.1. obey laws of the Republic of Lithuania and the established procedure of the centre;
14.2 allow a doctor to examine them according to the form established by the Ministry of Health;
14.3 take active role in settling affairs related to the request for refugee status.
Organization and Administration of the Centre's Work
15. The administration of the centre shall be comprised of the director of the centre, his/her deputy and heads of structural subdivisions.
16. The director of the centre shall be appointed and dismissed by the founder of the centre.
17. The structure of the centre, the list of employees and salary fund shall be approved by the founder of the centre.
18. The administration of the centre shall organize the centre's work and be responsible for its activity according to the procedure established by laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
19. The administration shall be responsible for ensuring:
19.1. rational and economical use of funds allotted by the state for maintenance of the centre and other funds and material valuables;
19.2. supply of materials, inventory, gas, food products, clothing, and foot-ware to the centre;
19.3. reconstruction and remodeling of buildings, equipment and communications, control of the territory;
19.4. observance of regulations of fire-prevention safety and of norms of work safety.
20. The director of the centre, according to the procedure established by laws, shall:
21.1. appoint and dismiss employees of the centre;
21.2. be responsible for training and professionalism of the employees of the centre.
22. The administration of the centre may enter into certain contracts with other legal and natural persons to ensure performance of the centre's functions.
Reorganization and Liquidation of the Centre
23. The centre shall be reorganized and liquidated by the decision of the founder.
24. In case of reorganization and liquidation of the centre the founder shall ensure further stay and accommodation of foreigners living at the centre.