National Documentation Package: Nepal
|Publisher||Canada: Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada|
|Publication Date||29 February 2012|
|Cite as||Canada: Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, National Documentation Package: Nepal, 29 February 2012, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/4f4f2c062.html [accessed 29 June 2017]|
|Disclaimer||This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.|
National Documentation Package
List of Documents1 General Information and Maps 1.1
- United Nations. November 2006. UN High Commissioner for Refugees. "Nepal Atlas Map: As of November 2006."
- Larousse. N.d. "Bhoutan - Népal." L'Encyclopédie en ligne.
The following changes have been made to the previous package dated 13 April 2011:
- 1.2) The Europa World Year Book 2010. 2010. "Nepal," pp. 3245-3269. London: Routledge. [Electronic version not available. Hard copy may be viewed in IRB regional offices.]
- 2.2) Amnesty International. 2010. "Nepal." Amnesty International Report 2010, pp. 239-241.
- 2.5) Human Rights Watch. January 2011. "Nepal." World Report 2011: Events of 2010.
- 4.1) Political Handbook of the World 2010. 2010. "Nepal," pp. 1003-1012. Edited by Arthur S. Banks, Thomas C. Muller, William R. Overstreet and Judith F. Isacoff. Washington, DC: CQ Press. [Electronic version not available. Hard copy may be viewed in IRB regional offices.]
- 4.2) Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders. 2010. "Nepal." Steadfast in Protest: Annual Report 2010, pp. 295-300.
- 5.1) United States. 2010. Department of State. "Nepal." Trafficking in Persons Report 2010.
- 12.1) United States. 17 November 2010. Department of State. "Nepal." International Religious Freedom Report 2010.
- 1.4) British Broadcasting Corporation. 17 February 2011. "Timeline: Nepal."
- 2.3) Amnesty International. 5 July 2010. Nepal: Submission to the UN Universal Periodic Review. Tenth Session of the UPR Working Group of the Human Rights Council, January 2011. (ASA 31/001/2010)
- 2.4) United Nations. 2 September 2010. Security Council. Report of the Secretary-General on the Request of Nepal for United Nations Assistance in Support of Its Peace Process. (S/2010/453)
- 2.5) United Nations. December 2007. Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. Human Rights in Nepal: One Year after the Comprehensive Peace Agreement.
- 3.3) NPL102070.E. 22 February 2007. Information on the various identity documents in Nepal and the names of the agencies that issue them.
- 4.3) International Crisis Group. 29 September 2010. Nepal's Political Rites of Passage. Asia Report No. 194.
- 4.4) United Nations. 15 September 2010. Security Council. "Security Council Extends Mandate of United Nations Mission in Nepal by Four Months, Amid Concern over Recent Tensions."
- 4.5) International Crisis Group. 13 August 2009. Nepal's Future: In Whose Hands? Asia Report No. 173.
- 4.6) International Crisis Group. 14 January 2010. Nepal: Peace and Justice. Asia Report No. 184.
- 4.7) NPL102071.E. 23 February 2007. Reports of forced recruitment by Maoist forces; response by government authorities (January 2006-December 2006).
- 4.8) NPL102072.E. 22 February 2007. Reports of extortion and kidnapping for ransom by Maoist forces; response by government authorities (January 2006-December 2006).
- 4.9) International Crisis Group. 18 May 2007. Nepal's Maoists: Purists or Pragmatists? Asia Report No. 132.
- 4.10) NPL103007.E. 16 February 2009. Overview of the political situation (2007-2008).
- 4.12) Agence France-Presse. 12 November 2009. Deepesh Shrestha. "Police Clash with Maoist Protesters in Nepal."
- 4.13) United Nations. 15 April 2009. Integrated Regional Information Networks. "Nepal: Government Inaction Exacerbates Insecurity."
- 4.14) Agence France-Presse. 4 February 2011. Claire Cozens. "Nepal's New Leader Begins Forming Govt."
- 6.1) International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission and Lambda Legal. 21 December 2009. "IGLHRC and Lambda Legal Consulting with Nepali Government on LGBTI Rights Protections."
- 6.2) The Times of India. 25 August 2010. "Hundreds Join Nepal's First Gay Pride Parade."
- 10.1) NPL103006.E. 27 January 2009. The police and armed forces; whether they support the new 2008 government through force.
- 11.1) Reporters Without Borders. 27 August 2009. "Increase in Physical Attacks on Journalists and News Media in August."
- 14.1) Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre and Norwegian Refugee Council. 19 June 2008. "Nepal: Sustainability of IDP Returns Undermined by Lack of Assistance."
- 1.4) Ethnologue: Languages of the World. 2009. 16th ed. "Languages of Nepal." Edited by M. Paul Lewis. Dallas, Tex.: SIL International.
- 2.3) United Nations. 13 October 2010. Human Rights Council. Compilation Prepared by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Accordance with Paragraph 15 (b) of the Annex to Human Rights Council Resolution 5/1: Nepal. (A/HRC/WG.6/10/NPL/2)
- 3.3) NPL103944.E. 31 January 2012. Identity documents in Nepal, including citizenship certificates, birth certificates, driver's licences, and biometric identification cards, and the names of the agencies that issue them.
- 3.7) NPL103945.E. 1 February 2012. Machine-readable passports, including whether previously issued passports are still valid; requirements and procedures to obtain them, processing times, and sample copies. [Attachment(s)]
- 4.3) International Crisis Group. 7 April 2011. Nepal's Fitful Peace Process. Asia Briefing No.120.
- 4.4) International Crisis Group. 13 January 2011. Nepal: Identity Politics and Federalism. Asia Report No.199.
- 4.5) Interdisciplinary Analysts, Nepal Madhes Foundation, Small Arms Survey and Saferworld. August 2011. Armed Violence in the Terai.
- 4.6) NPL103942.E. 11 January 2012. Overview of the political situation, including information on the treatment of political party members and supporters by opponents (2010-2011).
- 5.2) United Nations. 11 August 2011. Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women. Concluding Observations of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women: Nepal. (CEDAW/C/NPL/CO/4-5)
- 5.3) Nepal Democracy. N.d. Binda Pandey. "Women's Property Right Movement and Achievement of the 11th Amendment of Civil Code."
- 6.1) NPL103943.E. 20 January 2012. Treatment of sexual minorities, including legislation, state protection, and support services.
- 6.2) Association for Women's Rights in Development. 9 September 2011. Kathambi Kinoti. "Nepal Looks Set to Officially Recognize Third Gender."
- 7.1) Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation. June 2011. Sarah Dix. Corruption and Anti-corruption in Nepal: Lessons Learned and Possible Future Initiatives, pp. 1-45, 60-76, 82-85. Norad Report 18/2011 Discussion.
- 7.2) The Himalayan Times. 2 December 2011. "Nepal Second Most Corrupt Country in South Asia: TI."
- 9.1) Saferworld. May 2011. Daniel Coyle and Sarah Dalrymple. Snapshots of Informal Justice Provision in Kaski, Panchthar and Dhanusha Districts, Nepal.
- 9.2) United Nations. 10 November 2011. High Commissioner for Human Rights in Nepal. "UN Concerned over Recent Govt. Decisions to Appoint, Pardon and Promote Alleged Perpetrators of Human Rights Violations."
- 9.3) Human Rights Watch and Advocacy Forum. December 2011. Nepal, Adding Insult to Injury: Continued Impunity for Wartime Abuses.
- 9.4) Asian Human Rights Commission. 18 May 2011. "Nepal: The AHRC Urges for Swift Adoption of Transitional Justice Bills."
- 10.1) Antenna Foundation Nepal, Equal Access Nepal, Forum for Women Law and Development, Institute for Human Rights and Communication Nepal, International Alert and Saferworld. March 2010. Security and Justice in Nepal: District Assessment Findings.
- 13.1) Minority Rights Group International. 6 July 2011. Joshua Castellino. "Nepal." State of the World's Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2011: Events of 2010, pp. 146-148.
- 13.2) Minority Rights Group International. N.d. "Nepal Overview." World Directory of Minorities and Indigenous Peoples.
Copyright notice: This document is published with the permission of the copyright holder and producer Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). The original version of this document may be found on the offical website of the IRB at http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/. Documents earlier than 2003 may be found only on Refworld.