National Documentation Package: Sri Lanka
|Publisher||Canada: Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada|
|Publication Date||29 February 2012|
|Cite as||Canada: Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, National Documentation Package: Sri Lanka, 29 February 2012, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/4f4f2d072.html [accessed 5 May 2016]|
National Documentation Package
List of Documents1 General Information and Maps 1.1
- United States. March 2001. Central Intelligence Agency. "Sri Lanka." (University of Texas)
- Lonely Planet: Sri Lanka. 2006. 9th ed. "Colombo," pp. 78-79, 82, 84-85, 88, 89; "Trincomalee," p. 287. [Electronic version not available. Hard copies may be viewed in IRB regional offices.]
- Integrated Food Security Programme. November 2002. "Administrative Boundaries: Trincomalee District."
- Centre for Information Resources Management and Integrated Food Security Programme. April 2005. "Administrative Boundaries: Jaffna District."
- United Nations. 16 March 2010. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. "Vanni IDP Camps and Resettlement Information - Arrivals Since 1 April 2008 - Updated as of 11 March 2010."
- United Nations. 11 January 2010. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. "Vanni IDP Camps and Resettlement Information - Arrivals Since 01 April 2008 - Updated as of 31 December 2009."
- Quid.fr. N.d. Carte(s) de pays. "Sri Lanka Colombo." [Electronic version not available. Hard copy may be viewed in IRB regional offices.]
- Larousse. N.d. "Sri Lanka." L'Encyclopédie en ligne.
The following changes have been made to the previous package dated 13 April 2011:
- 1.3) British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 October 2010. "Sri Lanka Timeline."
- 1.5) The Europa World Year Book 2010. 2010. "Sri Lanka," pp. 4146-4173. London: Routledge. [Electronic version not available. Hard copy may be viewed in IRB regional offices.]
- 2.2) Amnesty International. 2010. "Sri Lanka." Amnesty International Report 2010, pp. 301-303.
- 2.7) United Kingdom. 11 November 2010. Home Office. Country of Origin Information Report: Sri Lanka.
- 12.1) United States. 17 November 2010. Department of State. "Sri Lanka." International Religious Freedom Report 2010.
- 1.1.g) Quid.fr. N.d. Carte(s) de pays. "Sri Lanka Politique."
- 1.6) Le Monde [Paris]. 26 January 2009. Frédéric Bobin. "Fuyant la guerre au Sri Lanka, des civils tamouls se réfugient dans le sud de l'Inde."
- 1.9) International Committee of the Red Cross. 27 May 2010. "Sri Lanka: Recovering from Conflict."
- 2.6) Country of Origin Research and Information. April 2010. CORI Country Report: Sri Lanka April 2010.
- 2.10) British Broadcasting Corporation. 1 February 2010. Anbarasan Ethirajan. "Fear and Anxiety in Battered Tamil City."
- 3.2) LKA102018.E. 22 December 2006. Prevalence of fraudulent National Identity Cards (NICs) (2004 - 2006).
- 4.3) Reuters. 7 October 2010. Ranga Sirilal. "Sri Lanka's Jailed Ex-army Boss Loses Parliament Seat." (AlertNet)
- 4.4) British Broadcasting Corporation. 21 April 2010. Charles Haviland. "Rajapaksa Triumphs in Final Count."
- 5.3) United Nations. 27 November 2008. Integrated Regional Information Networks. "Sri Lanka: Violence Against Women on the Rise."
- 10.3) United Kingdom. 20 July 2010. Foreign & Commonwealth Office. "UK Assistance to Address Language Barriers of Police Officers."
- 11.2) Committee to Protect Journalists. 19 May 2009. Bob Dietz and Robert Mahoney. "In Sri Lanka, No Peace Dividend for Press."
- 13.4) LKA103057.E. 12 February 2009. Recourse available to Jaffna Tamils who have been victims of human rights violations, including places where complaints can be lodged (2006 - Jan. 2009).
- 14.2) United Nations. 27 August 2010. Integrated Regional Information Networks. "Sri Lanka: IDP Returns Nearing Completion."
- 14.5) United Nations. March 2010. Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. Banking on Solutions: A Real-Time Evaluation of UNHCR's Shelter Grant Programme for Returning Displaced People in Northern Sri Lanka. (PDES/2010/04)
- 1.2) International Crisis Group. 18 July 2011. Reconciliation in Sri Lanka: Harder than Ever. Asia Report No. 209.
- 1.6) International Committee of the Red Cross. May 2011. ICRC Annual Report 2010 - Sri Lanka.
- 2.6) International Crisis Group. 22 December 2011. "Statement on the Report of Sri Lanka's Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission."
- 2.8) United Kingdom. December 2011. Home Office. Operational Guidance Note: Sri Lanka.
- 2.10) Office français de protection des réfugiés et apatrides. September 2011. Rapport de mission en République démocratique et socialiste de Sri Lanka du 13 au 27 mars 2011.
- 2.11) International Crisis Group. 12 September 2011. Sri Lanka: Post-War Progress Report.
- 2.12) M.A. Sumanthiran. 21 October 2011. Situation in North-Eastern Sri Lanka: A Series of Serious Concerns.
- 2.13) Human Rights Watch. January 2012. "Sri Lanka." World Report 2012: Events of 2011.
- 3.2) LKA103785.E. 22 July 2011. Prevalence of fraudulent National Identity Cards (NICs).
- 4.3) LKA103949.E. 18 January 2012. The Tamil National Alliance (TNA), including the party's relationship with the current government and the 2011 local authority election results (June 2010-December 2011).
- 4.4) LKA103950.E. 17 February 2012. The Tamil Makkal Viduthalai Pulikal (TMVP) and Karuna factions; their relationship with each other; reports concerning their treatment of Sinhalese and Tamil citizens; whether they are still active as paramilitary groups.
- 4.6) LKAs.E. 8 February 2012. The Eelam People's Democratic Party (EPDP), including whether they mistreat Tamil populations in the north or in Colombo; if so, whether they extort Tamils; relationship between the EPDP and the Sri Lankan army (October 2010-December 2011).
- 5.3) LKA103947.E. 25 January 2012. Sexual and domestic violence, including legislation, state protection, and services available for victims.
- 6.2) LKA103948.E. 13 January 2012. Treatment of sexual minorities, including legislation, state protection, and support services.
- 9.2) LKA103837.E. 29 September 2011. Changes to the emergency regulations and the Prevention of Terrorism Act (August-September 2011). [Attachment(s)]
- 9.3) LKA103784.E. 15 August 2011. Recourse available to Jaffna Tamils who have been victims of human rights violations, including places where complaints can be lodged (2010-June 2011).
- 9.4) Amnesty International. 14 October 2011. Sri Lanka: Briefing to the UN Committee Against Torture. (ASA 37/016/2011)
- 9.5) Freedom from Torture. N.d. Out of the Silence: New Evidence of Ongoing Torture in Sri Lanka 2009-2011.
- 10.3) Asian Human Rights Commission. 12 January 2011. Sofie Rordam. Sri Lanka: Police Torture As an Indicator of the Constitutional Degradation of the Rule of Law.
- 11.2) Freedom House. 2011. "Sri Lanka." Freedom of the Press 2011.
- 11.3) Committee to Protect Journalists. 2011. Attacks on the Press 2010: Sri Lanka.
- 13.2) LKA103782.EF. 12 July 2011. Whether there has been increased surveillance, arrests and detentions of Tamil citizens since February 2011; forced registration of Tamil citizens in the north and east of Sri Lanka.
- 13.3) LKA103959.E. 16 December 2011. Treatment of Tamil doctors by the Sri Lankan Army (SLA), Eelam People's Democratic Party (EPDP) and Karuna paramilitaries; reports of Tamil doctors being arrested, doctor shortages and hospital closures in northern, eastern and central Sri Lanka.
- 13.4) LKA103960.E. 9 February 2012. Treatment of Tamils in Colombo by members of the Sri Lankan security forces and police; registration requirements in Colombo for Tamil citizens (2007-2008).
- 14.2) LKA103816.E. 22 August 2011. Registration requirements in Colombo for Tamil and Sinhalese citizens who migrate from Jaffna or other regions of the country.
- 14.5) LKA103815.E. 22 August 2011. Information on the treatment of Tamil returnees to Sri Lanka, including failed refugee applicants; repercussions, upon return, for not having proper government authorization to leave the country, such as a passport.
- 14.7) United Nations. October 2011. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. Joint Humanitarian and Early Recovery Update. Report #37.
- 14.8) Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre. Norway. 14 January 2011. IDPs and Returnees Remain in Need of Protection and Assistance.
Copyright notice: This document is published with the permission of the copyright holder and producer Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). The original version of this document may be found on the offical website of the IRB at http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/. Documents earlier than 2003 may be found only on Refworld.