Emergency assistance to Pakistan : resolution / adopted by the General Assembly.
|Publisher||UN General Assembly|
|Author||UN General Assembly (47th sess. : 1992-1993)|
|Publication Date||7 October 1992|
|Citation / Document Symbol||A/RES/47/2|
|Cite as||UN General Assembly, Emergency assistance to Pakistan : resolution / adopted by the General Assembly., 7 October 1992, A/RES/47/2, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3b00efb130.html [accessed 9 October 2015]|
The General Assembly,
Deeply concerned about the extensive damage and devastation in Pakistan caused by the unprecedented floods in that country,
Noting with concern the destruction of thousands of dwellings and the damage to major sectors of the national infrastructure,
Acknowledging the efforts of the Government of Pakistan to provide relief and emergency assistance to the people affected by the flood,
Noting that the earnest efforts of the Government of Pakistan to promote economic growth and development will be hampered by this calamity,
1. Declares its solidarity with the Government and the people of Pakistan in this hour of trial;
2. Notes with appreciation the efforts of the Government of Pakistan to provide speedy relief to the flood victims from national resources;
3. Commends the efforts of the international community to supplement the efforts of the Government of Pakistan in relief operations and emergency assistance;
4. Calls upon the Secretary-General, in cooperation with the relevant organs and organizations of the United Nations system and in close collaboration with the Government authorities, to assist in the rehabilitation efforts of the Government of Pakistan;
5. Requests all States and international organizations and other intergovernmental agencies to extend emergency support to Pakistan to alleviate the plight of the afflicted people of Pakistan, including their economic and financial burden.