UN Economic and Social Council Resolution 1982/1: Situation of refugees in the Sudan.
|Publisher||UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)|
|Author||UN Economic and Social Council (1982, 1st sess. : New York)|
|Publication Date||27 April 1982|
|Citation / Document Symbol||E/RES/1982/1|
|Cite as||UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), UN Economic and Social Council Resolution 1982/1: Situation of refugees in the Sudan., 27 April 1982, E/RES/1982/1, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae69ee810.html [accessed 1 August 2015]|
Situation of refugees in the SudanThe Economic and Social Council, Recalling its resolution 1981/5 of 4 May 1981 on the situation of refugees in the Sudan, Recalling further General Assembly resolutions 35/181 of 15 December 1980 and 36/158 of 16 December 1981, Having considered the report of the Secretary-General, to which was annexed the report of the United Nations interagency mission on education and social development/welfare services for refugees in the Sudan, Having heard the statement delivered by the Deputy United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees before the Council on 22 April 1982, Recognizing the heavy burden placed on the Government of the Sudan in caring for the refugees and the need for adequate international assistance to continue its efforts to render services to the refugees, Appreciating the measures which the Government of the Sudan, a least developed country, is taking in order to provide shelter, food and other services to the growing number of refugees in the Sudan,
1. Endorses the report of the United Nations interagency technical follow-up mission to the Sudan and the recommendations contained therein;
2. Expresses its appreciation to the Secretary-General, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, donor countries and voluntary agencies for their efforts to assist the refugees in the Sudan;
3. Requests the Secretary-General, in close co-operation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and the relevant specialized agencies, to make available the necessary human, technical and financial resources to the Government of the Sudan so that the recommendations of various interagency missions can be implemented immediately;
4. Appeals urgently to Member States, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the United Nations organizations concerned and voluntary agencies to provide the Government of the Sudan with the resources necessary for the prompt implementation of the development assistance projects envisaged in the annex to the report of the Secretary-General;
5. Requests the Secretary-General, in co-operation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, to submit a comprehensive report to the General Assembly at its thirty-seventh session on the progress made in the implementation of the recommendations of the interagency technical follow-up missions as well as on the implementation of the present resolution.