Suspected militants kill 4 Afghans
|Publisher||Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty|
|Publication Date||1 August 2012|
|Cite as||Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Suspected militants kill 4 Afghans, 1 August 2012, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/5022286fc.html [accessed 19 May 2013]|
|Disclaimer||This is not a UNHCR publication. UNHCR is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of UNHCR, the United Nations or its Member States.|
August 01, 2012
The spokesman for the Wardak provincial government says that four civilians have been killed by suspected militants in central Afghanistan.
Shahidullah Shahid said the killings happened on July 31 when the four were kidnapped as they were traveling from Kabul to a remote area in the Jalrez district of Wardak Province.
Villagers found the bodies of the four and reported the murders to provincial officials on August 1.
Shahid said the four were not government employees.
Last week, four Afghan security guards were pulled out of a vehicle and executed the same way.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the killings last week but have not yet claimed responsibility for these latest murders.
Based on reporting by AP and dpa