Question of Gibraltar
|Publisher||UN General Assembly|
|Author||UN General Assembly|
|Publication Date||18 December 1968|
|Citation / Document Symbol||A/RES/2429|
|Cite as||UN General Assembly, Question of Gibraltar, 18 December 1968, A/RES/2429, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3b00f05654.html [accessed 1 September 2016]|
XXIII. RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED ON THE REPORTS OF THE FOURTH COMMITTEE
2429. Question of Gibraltar
1. Regrets that the administering Power has failed to comply with General Assembly resolution 2353 (XXII);
2. Declares that the continuation of the colonial situation in Gibraltar is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and of General Assembly resolution 1514 (XV);
3. Requests the administering Power to terminate the colonial situation in Gibraltar no later than 1 October 1969;
4. Calls upon the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to begin without delay the negotiations with the Government of Spain provided for in resolution 2353 (XXII);
5. Requests the Secretary-General to give the Governments of Spain and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland any assistance they may require for the implementation of the present resolution, and to report thereon to the General Assembly at its twenty-fourth session.1747th plenary meeting,
18 December 1968.
 Ibid., paras. 98-111.  Ibid., paras. 47-97 and 114-125.